What are my options?


Are you thinking about making a change in your use of tobacco, alcohol, or drugs? Do you want to cut back a little or cut back a lot? Quit completely or make no changes right now? Only you know which path is right for you.

You can think about your readiness to change on a scale of 1 to 10. A 1 means that you are not ready to make a change. A 10 means that you are ready to begin the steps to change. Where did you place yourself? Why did you choose that number? What does your number mean? A recovery counselor can listen to your concerns about your readiness to make a change. See the Outpatient Recovery Treatment page for more information.


Steps to consider are:

  • Take an online screening for alcohol use. You will get feedback and a quit plan made for your needs. It is totally anonymous and confidential. Just curious? Go ahead and take it. No one but you will know you did the screening.


  • Speak with a recovery counselor for free. You can talk to a counselor about your interest in making a change. The counselor can help you find a plan that works for you. See the Recovery Treatment & Counseling page. If you have Partnership and would like to find recovery treatment, look on the back of your card for the Beacon phone number. If you give them a call, they will ask you some brief screening questions and then help you find a recovery treatment program to fit your needs.


  • Transportation problems? The online recovery program SMART Recovery has free online support meetings that will help you with your recovery. SMART Recovery is an excellent program that is different than other recovery programs. Did I mention that it is freeRegister for their free online meetings.


  • Learn more about Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT). Medication assisted treatment is a program that uses medications like Buprenorphine, Methadone, or Naltrexone. It can help your recovery by lowering your cravings. Counseling is a part of the MAT program. You can get MAT if you are pregnant. Medication and Counseling Treatment gives more information on how the MAT program works. Find providers of MAT in Shasta County.


  • Find local support groups. Connect with women who are also working their way through recovery. They can share tools that have worked for them. Visit the Women's Support Groups page for more information.


  • Call a helpline number. You can talk to someone right away. 1-800-662-HELP (4357) is a National Helpline for substance use disorders and/or mental health issues.


  • Prevent an unplanned pregnancy. Visit a local family planning center to get the protection you need. You can get tested and treated for sexually transmitted infections at the same centers.


If you decide you want to make a change, we are here to offer information about some of the choices available to you. Contact us, if you have questions.

When you want to know more. . .

Empowering women to make healthy choices.


Contact Us