Should I quit smoking?
Quitting smoking is one of the best things you could ever do for your health. You might be surprised by some of the effects smoking has on women. There are many benefits to quitting smoking. When you decide that you are ready to consider quitting, here are just some of the truly wonderful rewards that you can look forward to:
- Only 48 hours after quitting, food will taste better and your sense of smell will return.
- More money in your pocket. If you spend $5.89 per pack every day for 10 years, you would spend more than $21,400.00! That amount will go up even higher with the new cigarette tax in California.
- Your clothes, hair, car, and home will smell better.
- If you are pregnant, in just 24 hours after quitting, your baby will be getting more oxygen!
- If you have children, they will have fewer colds, coughs, and middle ear infections.
- Only 2 to 3 weeks after quitting, you will be able to breathe more easily. Being less winded when exercising is important if you have little ones to play with.
- If you have a baby, you will lower their risk for Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) if you quit.
Find more detailed information on smoking and pregnancy here.
A list of free local Tobacco Cessation Programs in Shasta County can be found here.
Visit the Smokefree Women website for more information about women and smoking. This website has free apps, text programs, and a journal to keep track of your cravings. Become an EX is another excellent site that offers a free quit plan. It is about what has worked for other smokers to learn to live without smoking.
Vaping is a device that delivers nicotine but can affect your health in many harmful ways. Find out more about the dangers of vaping or using e-cigarettes here.